13 Jan bareMinerals True Romantic spring 14 colour collection
Beauty is looking fresh and feminine this spring – so much pink around! – and I’m definitely in the mood to update my make-up bag with some key items that will keep me looking pretty through to summer.
BareMinerals’ forthcoming limited-edition spring colour collection is just perfect for the seasonal transition. The True Romantic Collection features six wearable and covetable products for eyes, lips and cheeks:
- Ready Eyeshadow 4.0 The True Romantic (£29), featuring four shades including light mint, apricot pink, burnished copper and warm slate
- Lasting Line Long-Wearing Eyeliner in Always Charcoal (charcoal)
- Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Feel the Love (caramel-rose pink)
- Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Heartbreaker (peony pink)
- Marvelous Moxie Lipliner in Liberated (blushing almond)
- Blush in Swoon (petal pink satin)
I’ve been testing the lipstick and the complementary lipliner:
It’s great to see a lipliner in this collection as it seems to have fallen out of fashion lately, probably due to all the easy to apply glosses and balms we’ve been seeing. This one is a pretty neutral tone that’s going to work with many shades of lippy from nude to pink, plus it’s the perfect partner to the gorgeous Marvelous Moxie lipstick.
Complexion-wise, as a cool-toned blonde these soft pink/nude shades are on the money for me, but if you have a warmer skintone and/or darker hair I think you may find they work for you too, as the shades may be soft and shimmery but they are also highly pigmented and not too insipid.
Oh, and isn’t the collection illustration gorgeous?
The True Romantic Collection launches in February. It will be available at bareMinerals boutiques and here